The CPA actively encourages groups of psychologists with common interests to share those interests within the context of CPA’s objectives. Such groups, termed Sections, may be formed from time to time and certainly change and disappear from time to time as well.
Sections have official status under the By-Laws of the Association (see CPA by-Laws, By-Law VII – Sections, here). They are the primary agents through which the particular and special needs of members are met and interests served, and have the power to:
- Initiate and undertake activities of relevance to its members.
- Draft position papers on topics of relevance to the Section.
- Initiate policy statements in areas of expertise.
- Organize meetings within CPA.
- Make specific representation to external agencies or organizations, if it has received the approval of the Board of Directors to do so.
- Recommend that CPA make specific representations to external organizations or agencies.
Meet CPA’s Sections
Joining a Section
Signing up for Section happens in the Membership Renewal/Membership Sign-up phase of registration.
You can add a Sections online at the time of renewal by logging into your account or by contacting CPA by email at email@example.com or by telephone.