For information about nomination procedures, please click here. Please note that nominations must be submitted by April 15.
David S. Hart
|*denotes most recent recipient(s)|
Scientist Practitioner Early Career Award
For information about the award and nomination procedures, please click here. Please note that nominations must be submitted by April 15th.
|2015||Dr. Simon Sherry||Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS|
|2014||Dr. Paul Frewen||The University of Western Ontario, London, ON|
|2013||Dr. Colleen Carney||Ryerson University, Toronto, ON.|
|2012||Dr. Jill Chorney||Dalhousie University & IWK Health Centre, Halifax, NS|
|2011||Dr. Alex Chapman||Simon Fraser University & DBT Centre of Vancouver|
|2010||Dr. Christine Chambers||Dalhousie Unversity & IWK Health Centre, Halifax, NS|
Ken Bowers Award for Student Research
|2016||Margaux Roch-Gagne||Université de Moncton|
|2015||Catherine Hilchey||University of New Brunswick|
|2014||Nicole Pugh||University of Regina|
|2013||Mark Petter||Dalhousie University|
|2012||Christianne Macaulay||St. Francis Xavier Univerity|
|2011||Madison Aitken||University of Toronto - OISE|
|2010||Matilda Nowakowski||McMaster/Ryerson University|
|2009||Eleanor Donegan||Concordia University|
|2008||Esther Lau||Dalhousie University|
|2007||Sarah Bellefontaine||University of Ottawa|
|2006||Irena Milosevic||Concordia University|
|2005||Christian Webb||McGill University|
|2004||Michelle Manchua Delisle||Queen's University|
|2003||Karen Ip||University of British Columbia|
|2002||Christine Schwartz||University of Victoria|
|2002||Marcia Voges||University of Calgary|
|2001||Sandra Sparkes||Dalhousie University|
|2000||Katherine Henderson||York University|
|1999||Anne Lea Israeli||Dalhousie University|
|1998||Shawn C. Currie||University of Ottawa|
|1997||Carol Ann Flynn||University of British Columbia|
|1996||David J.A. Dozois||University of Calgary|
|1995||Nadine DeWolfe||Dalhousie University|
|1994||Bryan Acton||Simon Fraser University|
|1993||Constantina Giannopoulis||Concordia University|
|1992||Ruth Turner||Simon Fraser University|
|1991||Beverly Frizzell||University of Calgary|
Clinical Section Student Travel Award
- Tara Conway, University of Manitoba
- Jean-Philippe Gagne, Concordia University
- Marilyne Maltais, Université de Moncton
- Colin Pridy, Dalhousie University
- Karen O'Brien (University of Manitoba)
- Luke Schneider (University of Regina)
- Kiruthiha Vimalakanthan (University of Waterloo)
- Alainna Wen (University of Calgary)
- First Place: Kathleen Tallon, Ryerson University
- Runners up: Bethany Gelinas, University of Regina; Samatha Fashler, York University; and Luke Schneider, University of Regina.
- First Place: Beth Gee, Ryerson University
- Runners up: Brooke Beatie, University of Manitoba; Alexander Daros, University of Toronto.
- First place: Joyce Ip, University of British Columbia
- Runners up: Skye Fitzpatrick, Ryerson University; Sarah Hines, University of Calgary
- First place: Maya Gupta, Queen's University
- Runners up: Katherine Holshausen, Queen's University; Lisa Jewett, McGill University
- First place: Clarissa Markel, University of Toronto
- Runners up: Natalie Miller, University of British Columbia; Rana Pishva, Queen's University
- First place: Melissa Castro Couch, Ponce School of Medicine
- Runners up: Kathy Chan, University of Regina; Emma MacDonald, St. Francis Xavier University
- First place: Pamela Seeds, University of Western Ontario
- Runners up: Laura Nichols, University of New Brunswick; Kathy Chan, University of British Columbia
- First place: Deborah Semple, University of Calgary
- Runners up: Valerie Grant, Dalhouse University; Jenny Horch, University of Calgary
Best Student Conference Presentation Award
For information about the award and nomination procedures, please click here (cliquer ici pour la version en français).
For the Application Form click here
Please note that nominations must be submitted by May 15.
- First Place: Jean-Philippe Gagné (Concordia University)
- Runners up: Lisa Zhang (University of British Columbia); Carly Parsons (University of British Columbia)
- First Place: Somayyeh Kamalou (University of Waterloo)
- Runners up: Laura Lambe (Queen's University); Alainna Wen (University of Calgary)
- First Place: Rachael Neal (Concordia University)
- Runners up: Andrea Woznica (Ryerson University); Kathleen Tallon (Ryerson University.)
Clinical Section Educational Activity Grant for Students
Description of the Award / Parrainage de l'activité étudiante éducative
Application Form for the Award / Formulaire de demande parrainage de l'activité étudiante educative. Please note that nominations must be submitted by January 15th
- Sonya Dhillon (University of Toronto) “UTSC Clinical Psychology Summit: Modern Applications of Mindfulness Training in Clinical Practice”
- Andrew Brankley, Danielle Loney, and Jessica Sutherland (Ryerson University) “Research Event Exchange”
- Dean Carcone & LeAhn Dinh-Williams (University of Toronto): "UTSC Clinical Psychology Summit: Modern Applications of Mindfulness Training in Clinical Practice"
- Fiona Thomas & Sofia Puente-Duran (Ryerson University): "Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Health Issues Among Refugee and Immigrant Populations: Moving from Research to Practice
- Amy Burns (University of British Columbia): "Psychological Treatment of Addiction and Concurrent Disorders"
- Lyndsay Crump (University of New Brunswick): "Evidence-Based Assessment"
- Michelle Gagnon (University of Regina): "Motivational Interviewing in Clinical Settings"
- Suzanne Chomyz (Lakehead University): "Innovative Treatment Options: Providing Services to Rural and Northern Communities"
- Caitlin Davey (Ryerson University): "Program Evaluation: A Focus on Realistic Methodology"
- Sarah Royal (Ryerson University): "Dialetical Behavior Therapy for Difficulties with Emotion Regulation"
- Sarah Chan (University of Regina): "Challenges in the Assessment and Treatment of Depression"
- Jillian Filliter (Dalhousie University): "Diversity Awareness: Working with Diverse Populations in Clinical Practice"