Task Force on Student Engagement in Developmental Psychology in Canada
Niusha Ghazban and Danielle Labine, Co-Chairs
With the support of the CPA developmental section executive, this student-led task force will examine undergraduate and graduate student involvement in developmental psychology in Canada, with a particular focus on fostering the growth of CPA’s developmental section.
The goals of this Task Force on Student Engagement are:
- To assess and convey the interests and concerns of students as members of the CPA developmental section;
- To disseminate information and establish student communication and awareness about CPA and the developmental section specifically;
- To highlight the issues that can have impact on the future of the developmental section and its members;
- To inform students about the importance of their active participation and involvement in the decision-making process of the section;
- To implement an action plan to accomplish these goals.
Students have a very important role in shaping the discipline of psychology in Canada. As you know, the developmental field is remarkably diverse including brain and cognitive development, social-emotional development, as well as language and cross cultural development, to name but a few. We also represent an important segment of the applied and clinical work in psychology.
Whatever your interests, we need your help and enthusiasm in charting a new course of student involvement for developmental science in Canada!
We are currently seeking 3-5 students from across Canada to become involved in this initiative. If you are interested or have any questions, please email Niusha Ghazban (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Danielle Labine (email@example.com) directly.
Thank you in advance for your interest and help!