BMS is the Official Professional and Business Liability Insurance Provider for Members of the CPA
BMS, CPA’s professional liability insurance broker, worked with us in producing a new information sheet on employer versus individual professional liablity insurance coverage. Click here to access the information.
PSYCHOLOGY PRACTITIONER LIABILITY INSURANCE
- A program for the profession, by the profession!
DID YOU KNOW?
Members of the Canadian Psychological Association have access to an industry leading liability insurance program, brokered by BMS Canada Risk Services Ltd (BMS Group). BMS is the official professional and business liability insurance provider for the CPA. Using a “for members, by members” business model, the CPA and participating provincial/territorial associations (CPAP) have joined forces in order to provide our members with more coverage, at a lower cost.
WHY BMS GROUP?
BMS Group is a Lloyds of London Broker with a Canadian operation focused exclusively on delivering practice insurance products to association members. BMS brings a member centric perspective to the design and delivery of the psychology insurance program, resulting in significant, immediate, and long-term benefits to CPA members. Under the program brokered by BMS, our members have access to services at a lower cost, including:
- online renewal process and program website at www.psychology.bmsgroup.com
- lower premiums and more protection for professional liability insurance
- more insured activities
- higher limits of coverage
- resources to help manage practice risks based on the psychology profession’s claim history – BMS will develop and provide information, tools, educational seminars, and webinars on how to minimize risks
- specialized legal consultation and protection with Gowling WLG, a firm specializing in health and malpractice defence
- a program fee structure that supports program costs and activities incurred by the insurer, broker, and the psychological association hosts
- an insurance program that is built for members by members, enabling the profession to respond to its own practice needs
HOW AND WHEN DO I RENEW MY LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICY?
Each spring, all insured members of the CPA (and participating provincial/territorial associations) will receive their liability insurance policy renewal notice, for the June to June policy year. Members will receive official notices from their association and from BMS Group, inviting them to renew their coverage via online, over the phone, or by mail. To learn more about the program or to purchase coverage, please visit the program dedicated website at www.psychology.bmsgroup.com
CPA and CPAP are members of the Healthcare Professionals Insurance Alliance (HPIA). Membership in the HPIA delivers a policy exclusive to psychology practitioners, while affording the benefit of the Alliance’s legal, brokerage, insurance, and adjuster services that specialize in health practice.