Here is what the Practice Directorate is currently working on
- Advocating for better access to Psychological Services for Provincial & Territorial Employees
- Ensuring that better access to a Psychologist is being discussed during Provincial & Territorial elections
- Promoting Psychology Month with the Mind Your Mental Health Campaign http://mymh.ca/ that lets politicians know that better access to a psychologist is important to all Canadians
- Offering training opportunities such as media and communications training for Practice Directorate members to assist associations of psychology with their advocacy activities.
- Advocating for better access to psychological services based on findings from CPA’s commissioned Report; An Imperative for Change: Access to Psychological Services for Canada. Read more: www.cpa.ca/docs/File/Position/An_Imperative_for_Change.pdf
List of Policies and Actions Endorsed by the Council
- Support for the Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) education and training model.
- Support the development of internship and practicum placements for psychology students, interns and residents in Canada.
- Canadians regardless of income have a right to access psychological services.
- Supports the concept of patient centered services that maximize patient access to the right service by the right provider in a timely fashion.
- Supports recovery as a critical aspect in the lives of Canadians with mental and behavioural health problems and disorders in the broad range of supports and services in Canada.
- Strongly supports efforts to increase the understanding of and decrease the incidence of concussions in sport and recreation.
- All Canadians have the right to work in a psychologically healthy workplace.
If you wish further information on any of these initiatives please contact the Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.