Thank you for your interest in the CPA 77th Annual Convention, to be held in Victoria, BC from June 9-11, 2016. The CPA Annual Convention attracts more than 1,400 participants who share the latest discoveries and developments in the field.
Information about prominent speakers and noteworthy presentations can be viewed at the CPA Convention Speakers website.
Qualified press will have complimentary access to poster sessions, which CPA believes will provide you with the broadest overview of psychological research in Canada. If you would like access to a keynote or other presentation, permission must be obtained in advance.
To register, download the registration form, fill in the information, and return with the appropriate credentials to Stephanie Miksik at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 613-237-1674. The advanced press registration deadline is June 1, 2016. Any registrations received after that date will be processed onsite.
Prior to registering, please be sure to review and complete the following forms;
The following categories are eligible for complimentary press registration:
- Working press, including reporters, news editors, science writers, news producers, and others working for recognized print, television, radio, or online entities, should provide press credentials, such as a business card, or letter from an editor.
- Freelance writers should provide a copy of a letter assigning you to cover the CPA convention; a current membership card from the Canadian Science Writers Association, National Association of Science Writers, International Science Writers Association or other affiliates of the World Federation of Science Journalists; or recent evidence of related work (with your by-line) in a recognized publication within the last year.
- Public information officers from non-profit institutions including government agencies, educational and/or research institutions, and scientific societies should provide a copy or a business card or other evidence of affiliation.
All members of the media who register on-site should bring the appropriate credentials to the registration area, where both advance and on-site registrants will be able to pick up their badges.
The following is offered at the 77th Annual CPA Convention, 2016 to properly credentialed members of the media:
- Complimentary convention registration
- Press kit
- Access to convention abstracts
- One-on-one interview opportunities
- Interview room access (when available)
- Admission to poster sessions