BMS is producing an ongoing series relating to COVID-19.
- Sample consent form template: COVID-19 Consent to Treatment 06/03/2020
- This article provides practical considerations for determining and communicating the termination of a client relationship. Parting Ways The Right Way – Terminating the Client Relationship 05/27/2020
- This article includes an overview of considerations for health professionals who are able to re-open their businesses. There are also links to provincial resources and information relating to liability.
Considerations When Resuming Practice 05/07/2020
- These are designed to be practical resources to assist organizations in responding to and recovering from the COVID-19 crisis. Included are considerations and tips for items such as internal communications, supply chain impacts and opportunities to improve risk mitigation moving forward.
Business Continuity Planning 04/23/2020,
Risk Management During the COVID-19 Pandemic 04/23/2020
- This article outlines considerations in relation to employer’s obligations and employee’s right to refuse unsafe work. This includes looking at whether refusal to provide PPE constitutes an unsafe workplace and what healthcare providers can do to assess their risk if faced with this situation. COVID-19: Workplace Safety and Rights of Health Professionals to Refuse Work 04/15/2020
- This article provides considerations for health professionals when making clinical and ethical decisions as well as for handling potential confidentiality issues. Ethical Issues for Regulated Health Professionals in the Era of COVID-19 04/03/2020
- BMS has put together a document based on the common questions they are receiving from members: COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions 04/03/2020
- This article outlines crisis management considerations and best practices for organizations of all sizes.: Crisis Management during the COVID-19 Pandemic 03/31/2020
- As many members transition to a Telehealth environmente, BMS has created the attached Telehealth Consent Form: Consent to Use Electronic Communications to Provide Telehealth Services 03/27/2020
- Many retired members are seeking to return to the workforce during COVID-19: Returning to Practice During COVID-19 – Professional Liabilty Insurance Considerations 03/27/2020
- This article is designed to assist health professionals interpret and apply their obligations under PHIPA during a public health emergency: Protecting Privacy in a Pandemic 03/26/2020
- A resource in relation to tele-health: COVID-19: Virtual Health Care Services – Ensuring Continuity of Care 03/19/2020
- Position statement document as it relates to COVID-19 and insurance coverage within the CPA/CPAP program member policies: COVID-19: Insurance Coverage Position Statement 03/19/2020