Thank you for your interest in the CPA’s Annual National Convention.
This year’s event will be held in Toronto, ON from June 8-10, 2017 and is expected to draw 1,800 delegates from across the country to share the latest discoveries and developments in the field. Information about prominent speakers and noteworthy presentations can be found on the convention website.
Media are highly encouraged to attend the event. To register, download the registration form, fill in the information, and return with the appropriate credentials to Eric Bollman at email@example.com or fax to 613-237-1674. The advanced press registration deadline is June 5, 2017. Any registrations received after that date will be processed onsite.
Prior to registering, please be sure to review and complete the following forms:
The following categories are eligible for complimentary press registration:
- Working press, including reporters, news editors, science writers, news producers, and others working for recognized print, television, radio, or online entities, should provide press credentials, such as a business card, or letter from an editor.
- Freelance writers should provide a copy of a letter assigning you to cover the CPA convention; a current membership card from the Canadian Science Writers Association, National Association of Science Writers, International Science Writers Association or other affiliates of the World Federation of Science Journalists; or recent evidence of related work (with your by-line) in a recognized publication within the last year.
- Public information officers from non-profit institutions including government agencies, educational and/or research institutions, and scientific societies should provide a copy of a business card or other evidence of affiliation.
All members of the media who register on-site should bring the appropriate credentials to the registration area, where both advance and on-site registrants will be able to pick up their badges. Badges are required of all convention participants for entry into sessions and must be worn at all times.
The following will be available to properly credentialed members of the media:
- Complimentary convention registration
- Press kit
- Access to convention abstracts
- One-on-one interview opportunities
- Admission to poster sessions