Cette page n'est pas disponible en français.
Robert Sommer Award for Best Student Paper
Graduate and undergraduate students conducting research in any aspect of environmental psychology are eligible to enter their research into a competition for Robert Sommer Award from the CPA Section on Environmental Psychology.
]Award submissions will consist of 1000-word extended abstracts of original research for which the student is first author. The submissions need not be papers submitted for presentation at CPA conventions; they may be thesis work, journal papers, or papers presented at other conferences. Each recipient will receive a certificate to commemorate their receipt of the award and a $300 prize. Requirements: The student must be the first author on the project.
Due Date: TBA, 2015
To Apply: Students who would like their work considered for the award must make a submission. This submission should include the following.
1. A cover letter indicating that they would like to be considered for the award.
2. A letter from the student’s supervisor confirming that the applicant is a student in psychology and that the applicant’s work on the project merits first authorship.
3. A 1000-word extended abstract for Committee Review. This abstract must contain the name(s) and institution(s) of the author(s). The following headings and format should be used.
- Area: Briefly state your specific issue.
- Context: Put the research in context by providing adequate background information on relevant scholarly literatures, including references.
- Methodology: State the design, size and characteristics of the sample, procedure, materials, and statistical tests employed, providing rationale as needed.
- Results: Key findings.
- Conclusions and implications.
4. Two copies of the abstract should be submitted: one with the authors' names included and one without, so blind reviews may be done. All materials must be e-mailed with the subject line “Robert Sommer Award” to: email@example.com.
The recipients are announced at the Section Business meeting at the annual CPA conference.