The Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) is pleased to offer web-based continuing education opportunities for psychologists that also may be of interest to students of psychology, to members of other disciplines, and to the public. These courses complement CPA’s other knowledge-transfer activities, such as its three journals, annual convention, and publications program.
Notice to psychologists registered in Quebec: The continuing education (CE) hours approved for CPA’s online courses (other than the course on Starting and Operating an Independent Professional Practice) will be recognized by the OPQ for CE in psychotherapy. The OPQ has confirmed for us that because the internet server which hosts our online CE courses is located outside of Quebec, prior approval is not required from the OPQ. In order to claim CE hours for an online course, participants should ensure that they keep a record of proof of their participation (i.e., receipt of payment and certificate of completion).
- Course #1: Starting and Operating an Independent Professional Practice in Psychology (Captus Press)
- Course #2: Being an Ethical Psychologist (Captus Press)
- Course #3: A Psychologist’s Guide to Psychopharmacology (Vocalmeet)
- Course #4: DSM-5: Changes and Implications for Professional Practice (Vocalmeet)
- Course #5: Evidence-Based Treatment of PTSD within Military Populations (Vocalmeet)
- Course #6: Evidence Based Correctional Practice (EBCP) for Managing and Treating Offenders with Mental Illness (Vocalmeet)
- Course #7: Transition Assessments for Criminal and Violence Risk: Theory, Ethics, and Application (Vocalmeet)
- Course #8: Integrated CBT Treatment for Anxiety in Clinical Practice (Vocalmeet)
- Course #9: Addressing Insomnia in Those with Depression: A Step-by-Step Evidence-Based Approach (Vocalmeet)
- Course #10: Assessment of Malingering (Vocalmeet)
- NEW Course #11: Knowledge Mobilization 101 (Captus Press)
- NEW Course #12: Advanced Skills in Mindfulness-based Interventions: Navigating the Ethics in and of Mindfulness (Vocalmeet)
- NEW Course #13: Perfectionism: A Relational Approach to Conceptualization, Assessment, and Treatment (Vocalmeet)
- NEW Course #14: Psychopharmacology Clinical Update (Vocalmeet)
- NEW Course #15: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis (Vocalmeet)
- NEW Course #16: Behavioural Events as the Unit of Analysis in Case Formulation: Anger Episodes and Criminal Offences (Vocalmeet)
- NEW Course #17: The Emerging and Changing Practice of Police Psychology in a Canadian Context
- NEW Course #18: Putting the LEARNING back in Learning Disabilities
To learn more about these courses, please visit our course catalogue or click on one of the course links.
Canadian Psychological Association
141 avenue Laurier Avenue, Suite 702
Tel: 613-237-2144 (ext.328)