Chair: Dr. Veronica Hutchings
The purpose of the Rural and Northern Psychology Section is to support and enhance the practice of rural and northern psychology.
The goals of the section are to:
- Establish a network of professionals interested in the areas of rural and northern psychology (this may include individuals currently practicing in rural/northern areas or those with an interest in this area).
- Enhance professional connectedness by facilitating linkages between rural and northern practitioners.
- Distribute information relevant to the practice of rural and northern psychology.
- Provide a forum to discuss practice issues unique to this specialty.
- Introduce students and new or interested psychologists to rural and northern practice.