Cette page n'est pas disponible en français.
Dr. Kerry Mothersill
The Psychologists in Hospitals and Health Centers Section will provide a forum for psychologists who are employed, practice, teach, or conduct research in hospitals and health care settings.
In pursuance of this purpose, the Section:
- provides information to members about current activities, events, research and practice developments in the area;
- organizes sessions at the annual CPA Convention that are of interest to members;
- represents the interests of the Section within CPA through initiating such activities as position papers, guidelines, benchmarks, policy statements, and special meetings;
- makes representations, on behalf of its members to external organizations or agencies with the approval of the Executive Committee of the CPA Board of Directors;
- supports psychology leadership in their advocacy for administrative support for psychology practice and research;
- promotes standards of clinical service and practice-based research; and
- shares information among Canadian hospitals and health care settings regarding best practice services and the development and deployment of psychologists.
The Newsletter of the CPA Section of Psychologists in Hospitals and Health Centres, Volume 1, Issue 2 is now available.