Cette page n'est pas disponible en français.
Dr. Deanne Simms
The Psychologists in Hospitals and Health Centers Section will provide a forum for psychologists who are employed, practice, teach, or conduct research in hospitals and health care settings.
In pursuance of this purpose, the Section:
- provides information to members about current activities, events, research and practice developments in the area;
- organizes sessions at the annual CPA Convention that are of interest to members;
- represents the interests of the Section within CPA through initiating such activities as position papers, guidelines, benchmarks, policy statements, and special meetings;
- makes representations, on behalf of its members to external organizations or agencies with the approval of the Executive Committee of the CPA Board of Directors;
- supports psychology leadership in their advocacy for administrative support for psychology practice and research;
- promotes standards of clinical service and practice-based research; and
- shares information among Canadian hospitals and health care settings regarding best practice services and the development and deployment of psychologists.
Documents for Review:
The Guideline Development Committee has prepared the following two documents for Section Members to review and comment:
The Newsletter of the CPA Section of Psychologists in Hospitals and Health Centres, Volume 3, Issue 3 is now available.