Robert Sommer Award for Best Student Paper
Graduate and undergraduate students conducting research in any aspect of environmental psychology are eligible to enter their research into a competition for Robert Sommer Award from the CPA Section on Environmental Psychology.
]Award submissions will consist of 1000-word extended abstracts of original research for which the student is first author. The submissions need not be papers submitted for presentation at CPA conventions; they may be thesis work, journal papers, or papers presented at other conferences. Each recipient will receive a certificate to commemorate their receipt of the award and a $300 prize. Requirements: The student must be the first author on the project.
Due Date: TBA, 2015
To Apply: Students who would like their work considered for the award must make a submission. This submission should include the following.
1. A cover letter indicating that they would like to be considered for the award.
2. A letter from the student’s supervisor confirming that the applicant is a student in psychology and that the applicant’s work on the project merits first authorship.
3. A 1000-word extended abstract for Committee Review. This abstract must contain the name(s) and institution(s) of the author(s). The following headings and format should be used.
- Area: Briefly state your specific issue.
- Context: Put the research in context by providing adequate background information on relevant scholarly literatures, including references.
- Methodology: State the design, size and characteristics of the sample, procedure, materials, and statistical tests employed, providing rationale as needed.
- Results: Key findings.
- Conclusions and implications.
4. Two copies of the abstract should be submitted: one with the authors' names included and one without, so blind reviews may be done. All materials must be e-mailed with the subject line “Robert Sommer Award” to: email@example.com.
The recipients are announced at the Section Business meeting at the annual CPA conference.