Students play an active role in the CPA’s infrastructure:
- sitting on the CPA’s Board of Directors
- being a member of a CPA Committee
- serving on the Executive of the Section for Students
- serving as Editor for the Students’ publication (MindPad)
- creating the Student Section Newsletter
- submitting articles to the CPA’s quarterly magazine (Psynopsis) and student publications
- serving as a Campus Representative
- developing and running programs for students such as the Student Mentorship program
- developing resources for students
- being an active member in one of the CPA’s other Sections
- contributing to the CPA’s annual national convention program – just to name a few.
As one of the CPA’s 32 Sections, the Section for Students in Psychology crosses all section boundaries and provides a forum in which students may learn from each other and begin to prepare for their careers in psychology. The principal objective of the Student Section is to help students participate within the CPA. The Section provides a forum in which students can learn from each other, more fully experience their postsecondary and postgraduate journeys, and begin to prepare for their careers in psychology. It recognizes the need to have a strong voice in the psychological community and thus sustains communication between students in psychology across the country.
Find out more about the Section for Students.
We are happy to announce applications are now open for the 2023-2024 CPA Student Mentorship Program! We encourage both graduate student mentors and undergraduate student mentees to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Find all the details here: https://cpa.ca/students/mentorship/
The deadline to apply is September 3rd, 2023.
CPA Student Mentorship Program Coordinator
Chair-Elect | Section for Students in Psychology | Canadian Psychological Association
We are very happy to distribute the Spring Newsletter of the CPA Section for Students. CPA Student Newsletter, Spring 2023
The CPA Student Section Executive Team