Students play an active role in the CPA’s infrastructure:
- sitting on the CPA’s Board of Directors
- being a member of a CPA Committee
- serving on the Executive of the Section for Students
- serving as Editor for the Students’ publication (MindPad)
- creating the Student Section Newsletter
- submitting articles to the CPA’s quarterly magazine (Psynopsis) and student publications
- serving as a Campus Representative
- developing and running programs for students such as the Student Mentorship program
- developing resources for students
- being an active member in one of the CPA’s other Sections
- contributing to the CPA’s annual national convention program – just to name a few.
As one of the CPA’s 32 Sections, the Section for Students in Psychology crosses all section boundaries and provides a forum in which students may learn from each other and begin to prepare for their careers in psychology. The principal objective of the Student Section is to help students participate within the CPA. The Section provides a forum in which students can learn from each other, more fully experience their postsecondary and postgraduate journeys, and begin to prepare for their careers in psychology. It recognizes the need to have a strong voice in the psychological community and thus sustains communication between students in psychology across the country.
Find out more about the Section for Students.
Dear Fellow Students,
I hope you are all having a great start to the Winter semester. The Student Section Executive is now accepting applications for our 2024-2026 Executive positions. A number of positions have become available for this year’s Student Section’s Executive elections cycle:
(a) Chair-Elect (three-year term: June 2024 – June 2027)
(b) Undergraduate Student Affairs Executive (two-year term: June 2024 – June 2026)
(c) Graduate Student Affairs Executive (two-year term: June 2024 – June 2026)
(d) Administration & Finance Executive (two-year term: June 2024—June 2026)
(e) Communications Executive (two-year term: June 2024—June 2026)
Detailed position descriptions in English and French can be found at the end of this email or on our website: https://cpa.ca/students/about/executiveduties
To apply for one of these four positions, please send the following to Juliana Khoury, our Communications Executive, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A statement of intent that indicates the position for which you are applying, why you would like to hold the position, and what qualities you would bring to the position (250-300 words)
- A short biography that includes information on academic activities, academic goals, and personal interests (250-300 words)
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
You may submit application materials in either English or French. Statements of intent and biographies will be translated and posted on the CPA website for the election phase.
DEADLINE: March 1st, 2024
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at: email@example.com
Looking forward to your applications!
Chair, Section for Students in Psychology
Canadian Psychological Association
We are very happy to distribute the Fall Newsletter of the CPA Section for Students. CPA Student Newsletter, Fall 2023
The CPA Student Section Executive Team