2023 Convention Job Fair
The CPA is pleased to host its 1st ever in-person Job Fair at the 2023 CPA Convention, June 25th at the Sheraton Centre, Toronto!
As a CPA CONVENTION DELEGATE you will have the exclusive opportunity to participate in one or both components. The morning portion of the Job Fair will be a workshop on negotiating an employment offer; the afternoon portion of the Job Fair will provide you with the opportunity to meet employers from multiple sectors, learn about various organizations and both hear about, and apply for, current and future job opportunities.
As an EMPLOYER, you can showcase all your organization has to offer and meet qualified candidates to fill current or future positions.
- Learn the fundamentals of negotiating an employment offer
- Connect with numerous employers from across multiple sectors
- Learn about an employer, their current and future opportunities, and their desired skill sets
- Develop your networking skills and build connections in various fields
- Share your resume after the job fair
Cost to participate is free of charge for, and exclusive to, individuals registered to attend the CPA’s Annual National Convention.
To register as a Delegate, visit https://convention.cpa.ca/registration
- Increase your organization’s visibility, network with highly skilled graduates in the field of psychology, and share current and future opportunities and desired skillsets
- Meet qualified candidates and gather top resumes
- Access over 7,000 CPA members and affiliate members, students, and recent graduates through the Job Fair promotion
- Share your company website and contact info with delegates before and after the job fair
Cost to participate is $395 for the Job Fair alone or $2495 as an Exhibitor-Employer.
To register as an Employer, visit https://cpa.ca/machform/view.php?id=110925
2023 VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR
The Canadian Psychological Association (CPA), in collaboration with the Canadian Society for Brain, Behaviour and Cognitive Science (CSBBCS), hosted its third annual Career Fair on January 12, 2023. The Fair marks continuing work the CPA is undertaking to help students understand the multitude of career paths available to them with a psychology degree.
Students participating in this event had an opportunity to learn about various career paths and positions for psychology graduates outside of the health services and academic settings directly from individuals in those positions; connect with the people in these positions about their experiences via virtual break out rooms; and had an opportunity to talk to the CPA about what they would find helpful in terms of career-related resources and information.
- Erin Maloney, Ph.D., University of Ottawa
- Nadia Martin, Ph.D., Brain Canada Foundation
- Carla Sowinski, Ph.D., Department of National Defence
- Chrissy Chubala, Ph.D., Department of National Defence
- Chris Nicholson, Ph.D., Shopify
- Dorna Rahimi, School Psychology
- Richard Bolduc, Ph.D., C.Psych., Mental Health and Well-Being Lead,
Special Education & Student Services Department
Ottawa Catholic School Board
2022 Job Fair: March 3rd, 2022
On March 3rd, the CPA was pleased to host its inaugural Virtual Job Fair. We offered CPA members and student affiliates the exclusive opportunity to meet employers from multiple sectors, learn about various organizations, and both hear about and apply for current and future job opportunities. Visit the Virtual Job Fair page for more information.
2021 VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR
CPA members and affiliates can login to the Members portal to view the recordings of the Nov. 2021 CPA Career Fair Presentations.
November 2021 Mentors
Sr. Insights Project Manager at Rockwell Automation
VP, Business Intelligence and Collective Impact
I/O – Independent Consultant
Senior Research Scientist, Waypoint Research Institute
I/O Advisory Services Inc
Public Health Agency of Canada
University of Ottawa
Deputy Chief Executive Officer with the Canadian Psychological Association
Team Lead, Health Services Research and Implementation Science / Institute of Neurosciences, Mental Health and Addiction
Canadian Institutes of Health Research / Government of Canada
November 2020 Virtual Career Fair
CPA Members can view the recordings from the Career Fair held Nov.12, 2020, by logging into the Member Portal
November 2020 Mentors
Chair of Undergraduate Studies
Online Learning and Team Development Coordinator
VPixx Technologies Inc.
Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health
Director, Artificial Intelligence Applications and Blockchain Marketing
Saskatchewan Health Authority
CEO & Founder
Senior Improvement Lead / Responsable principale de l’amélioration
Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement.
Fondation canadienne pour l’amélioration des services de santé