- Report of the CPA Task Force on Evidence-Based Practice of Psychological Treatments (2012)
- Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) position on the Entry to Practice for Professional Psychology in Canada (2012)
- Planning a Career in Psychology (2009)
- Guidelines for Ethical Psychological Practice with Women (2007)
- Professional Practice Guidelines for School Psychologists in Canada (2007)
- Cost-Effectiveness of Psychological Interventions (2002)
- Enhancing the Experience of Children and Youth in Today's Schools: The Role of Psychology in Canadian Schools (2002)
- Enhancing the Experience of Children and Youth in Today's Schools: The Role of Psychology in Canadian Schools - A Position Paper (2002)
- Highly Qualified Personnel: The Important Contribution of the Social Sciences and Humanities in Canada (2002)
- Productivity, Culture and Society: The Essential Contribution of Psychology as a Social Science (2002)
- Guidelines for Non-Discriminatory Practice (Revised 2001)
- Practice Guidelines for Providers of Psychological Services (2001)
- A Joint Position Statement by the CPA and the Canadian Association of School Psychologists on the Canadian Press Coverage of the Province-wide Achievement Test Results (2000)
- Canadian Code of Ethics for Psychologists (2000)
- Effectiveness and Costs of Clinical Psychology Services: A Business Plan (1995)
Government and Non-Government Reports
Government of Canada Report
- Changing Directions, Changing Lives: The Mental Health Strategy for Canada Unveiled (May 2012)
- The Human Face of Mental Health and Mental Illness in Canada 2006
Office of the Correctional Investigator of Canada (OCI)
- 2010-2011 Annual Report
- 2009-2010 Annual Report
- 2008-2009 Annual Report
- Under Warrant: A Review of the Implementation of the Correctional Service of Canada's Mental Health Strategy (September 2010)
Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
- Return on Investment: Mental Health Promotion and Mental Illness Prevention (March 2011)
- Health Care in Canada (2010)
- Exploring Positive Mental Health (March 2009)
- Mental Health, Delinquency and Criminal Activity (April 2008)
- Mental Health and Homelessness (August 2007)
- Hospital Mental Health Services in Canada, 2005-2006
- A Report on Mental Illnesses in Canada, 2002
- The Burden of Neurological Diseases, Disorders and Injuries in Canada
- Prescriptive Authority Task Force
- Supply and Demand Task Force
- Psychology and Public Policy: An Advocacy Guide for Psychologists
- Strengthening Health Care in Canada: A series of Briefs on Health Care in Canada
- Strengthening Medicare:The Role of Psychology in the Health of Canadians and in the Development of the Canadian Health Care System(1999) Prepared for the Canadian Psychological Association by Dr. Richard Allon, Chair, Professional Affairs, and Dr. John Service, Executive Director in collaboration with the Sections of the Canadian Psychological Association.
- Strengthening Primary Care:The Contribution of the Science and Practice of Psychology(2000) Prepared for the Canadian Psychological Association by Dr. Samuel F. Mikail, Dr. Patrick McGrath, and Dr. John Service.
- Strengthening Pharmacare:The Contribution of the Science and Practice of Psychology(2001) Prepared for the Canadian Psychological Association by Dr. David Nussbaum, Dr. Samuel F. Mikail, Dr. John Service, and Dr. Louise Balfour.
- Strengthening Home and Community Care:The Contribution of the Science and Practice of Psychology(2001) Prepared for the Canadian Psychological Association by Dr. John C. Service, Dr. Richard Allon, and Dr. Samuel F. Mikail.
- Strengthening Rural Health:The Contribution of the Science and Practice of Psychology(2002) Prepared for the Professional Affairs Committee of the Canadian Psychological Association by Dr. Robert D. McIlwraith and Dr. Karen G. Dyck.
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Psychological Interventions
- Empirically Supported Treatments in Psychology: Recommendations for Canadian Professional Psychology
- Geographic Locations Survey of Clinical Psychologists in Canada
- Liability Risks in Interdisciplinary Care: Thinking Outside the Box (Conference Board of Canada, April 2007)
- Working with the Media - A Guide for Psychologists (2005)
- Canadian Code of Ethics for Psychologists
Canadian Psychology Associations
- Canadian Academy of Psychologists in Disability Assessment
- Canadian Association of School Psychologists
- Canadian Council of Professional Psychology Programs
- Canadian Society for Brain, Behaviour and Cognitive Science
- Council of Canadian Departments of Psychology
International Psychology Associations
- American Board of Pediatric Neuropsychology
- American Board of Professional Psychology
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association of Graduate Students
- American Psychological Society
- Association of Black Psychologists
- Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers
- Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards
- Australian Psychological Society
- British Psychological Society
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Colombian Association of Psychology Faculties
- National Association of School Psychologists
Psychology Resource Sites
The Roundtable is an instrument of information analysis and ideas concerning the linkage between business, the economy, mental health and work.
A directory of Education related websites.
A web site of The Global Social Change Research Project.
As the professional arm of the International Network on Personal Meaning, ISEPP is a multi- and interdisciplinary organisation dedicated to encouraging and advancing research and education in existential psychology and psychotherapy.
The mandate of the restructured unit is to promote and support mental health and reduce the burden of mental health problems and disorders, by contributing to the development, synthesis, dissemination and application of knowledge, and the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, programs and activities designed to promote mental health and address the needs of people with mental health problems or disorders.
CIHI is an independent, pan-Canadian, not-for-profit organization working to improve the health of Canadians and the health care system by providing quality, reliable and timely health information.
Making the Internet a practical tool for research and collaboration within the healthcare community.
A Health Canada publication that provides reliable information on a range of health-related topics.
Run by psychologist Dr. John Grohol, it is an information service providing an excellent selection of links under "Mental Health & Psychology Resources," "What is...?," and "Have I got...?".
PsychNet-UK is a privately owned web site developed to provide access to a host of sites which may be often sought by persons engaged in the mental health professions.
A service organization within the Psychology Department at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale which provides professional services in applied research, evaluation, and consulting.
This website offers a new perspective on this disorder, one based on current clinical and neuroscience research. It presents a model of ADD/ADHD as essentially a problem with executive functions, the management system of the brain. It describes how a child or adult with ADD/ADHD can focus very well on a few activities that intensely interest them, yet be unable to focus adequately on most other tasks of daily life. It explains how ADD/ADHD often looks like a weakness in willpower, but isn't.
The Canadian Association for Adolescent Health (CAAH) seeks to ensure that Youth receive the best possible health care and services. CAAH offers quality health information to help youth make choices and stay healthy.
A bilingual regional mental health promotion and intervention program run by youth, for youth.