2021 – 2022 Committee / Comité
Chair / Président
|Dr. Kim Corace|
Members / Membres
|Dr. Lynn Alden, UBC
Dr. Richard Bourhis, UQAM
Dr. Ester Cole, Private Practice
Dr. Martin Drapeau, McGill
Dr. Paul Hewitt, UBC
Dr. Colin MacLeod, U of W
Dr. Judi Malone, PAA
Dr. Catherine Costigan
Dr. Eileen Wood
Contact the Committee / Contactez le comité
Fellows shall be Members of the Association who have made a distinguished contribution to the advancement of the science or profession of psychology or who have given exceptional service to their national or provincial associations.
- The Committee on Fellows and Awards shall consist of the Chair and nine members.
- The Chair of the Committee on Fellows shall be the most immediate Past-President of the Association, whether or not a Fellow himself or herself.
- A committee member who is in conflict of interest vis-à-vis any of the nominees shall declare this conflict to the committee and shall not participate in the evaluation of the affected nomination(s). (A conflict of interest is as a situation in which a committee member has a private, personal or professional interest sufficient to appear to influence the objective exercise of his or her official duties.)
- All Fellows shall be invited by the Chair to nominate Fellows to serve on the Committee on Fellows.
- The Chair and the Members of the Committee on Fellows shall not be nominators or proposers of nominees during their term.
- Appointments to the Committee on Fellows and Awards shall be made by the Board of Directors from the nominations submitted by the Chair of the Committee.
- The Committee on Fellows and Awards shall, as far as practicable, be formed with due regard to gender balance, linguistics balance, geographical balance, academic and practitioner balance, and degree level balance (Masters and doctoral), so as to have representatives from three constituencies:
- Education and Training.
- Members shall serve for terms of three years, rotating so that one-third of the membership is reconstituted each year. Terms of members shall be renewable, but only after a hiatus of at least three years following the end of one’s term.
The Committee reports to the Board of Directors through the Director Responsible for Fellows and Awards, who is also the Committee Chair.
Responsibilities of Committee Members
The Fellows and Awards Committee members are responsible for pursuing the vision and terms of reference of the Committee. To this effect, members participate in all discussions pertaining to Fellows and Awards on projects or issues brought forward by the Committee, the Board of Directors, the sections and the members as appropriate.
Members shall serve for terms of three years, rotating so that one-third of the membership is reconstituted each year. Terms of members shall be renewable, but only after a hiatus of at least three years following the end of one’s term.
Meetings and Reporting
Throughout the year communication will take place primarily through e-mail. Two conference calls will be arranged by the Chair, one to discuss procedures and one to discuss the results. Meetings are minuted. Regular communication of the plans and activities of the Committee will be provided to the membership through the Committee’s Annual Report to the Annual General Meeting, articles in Psynopsis and information on the web site and to the Board of Directors through reports to each Board meeting by the Committee Chair/Co-Chair.
Approved by the Board of Directors, March 2012