Student Engagement in Developmental Psychology in Canada
We welcome and encourage student member engagement in CPA’s developmental section. We are currently seeking undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers from across Canada to become involved in the Developmental Section as Section Representatives, Section Ambassadors, or Special Project Leaders.
Students have a very important role in shaping the discipline of psychology in Canada. As you know, the developmental field is remarkably diverse including brain and cognitive development, social-emotional development, as well as language and cross cultural development, to name but a few. We also represent an important segment of the applied and clinical work in psychology.
Student members and representatives can become involved and support Developmental Psychology in a diversity of ways:
- Convey the interests and concerns of students as members of the CPA developmental section;
- Disseminate information and establish student communication and awareness about CPA and the developmental section specifically;
- Highlight the issues that can have impact on the future of the developmental section and its members;
- Inform peers about the importance of their active participation and involvement in the decision-making process of the section;
- Contribute to and implement an action plan to accomplish these goals.
Whatever your interests, we need your help and enthusiasm in charting a new course of student involvement for developmental science in Canada!
If you are interested or have any questions, please email the Developmental Section Chair directly (email@example.com) or attend the next Developmental Section meeting.
Thank you in advance for your interest and help!