Chair: Dr. Maya A. Yampolsky
École de psychologie, Université Laval
2325 allée des Bibliothèques
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6
Beginning in 1980 the Section was formed under the Applied Division of CPA. Current CPA by-Laws on Sections are found here, while our own mandate began with an initial agenda for the 1981 conference considering the following activities:
- Presentation of Current Cross-Cultural Research , in symposia or seminars by Canadian Psychologists currently engaged in these activities
- Conversation hour led by some prominent people in the field
- Business-Membership meeting
- Social Hour in conjunction with the International Council of Psychologists, the International Association of Cross-Cultural & the Inter-American Psychology Association
- It was also suggested that this interest group (Section) might be able to host colleagues from abroad who visit our country.
Currently we still take an active role in the annual convention where we typically have a full agenda across the three days. These include Symposia, poster presentations, conversation hours, workshops and Keynote Speeches.
We currently have several members on the International Relations Committee, a CPA committee that addresses the association’s activities and contacts with international organisations, scholars and practitioners.
We have a section e-mail list to foster communication among our members along with this website that has been designed to provide a hub of information and contact for our members and others who may be interested in our activities.