North Star Student Award
The North Star Student Award has been established by the Rural and Northern Psychology Section to recognize the student with the most meritorious submission to the Rural and Northern Section of the CPA annual convention. Any student whose presentation/poster has been accepted into the Rural and Northern Psychology Section Program is encouraged to apply. The winning submission will be recognized with a certificate and a monetary award. The student will also be invited to describe his/her work in the fall issue of the Rural and Northern Psychology Newsletter, The View from Here: Perspectives on Northern and Rural Psychology.
To be eligible for this award you must:
- Be first author of a presentation/poster that has been accepted into the Section Program at the annual CPA convention, and a student at the time you did the work described in the paper.
- Notify the Section Chair that you wish to be considered for this award.
- Be prepared to attend an award ceremony at the convention.
- Be a member of the Rural and Northern Psychology Section at the time of the submission.
Please contact the Section Chair by e-mail (email@example.com) if you wish to be considered for this award or if you have any questions.
Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Rural and Northern Practice
This award is intended to recognize outstanding rural and northern practitioners in psychology. Nominations will be considered for psychologists working in any area of rural and northern psychological practice, including education and health services provision, or consulting; and services provided to any patient population or professional clientele in a rural and northern setting. Services provided to diverse client groups or patient populations, including but not limited to children/adolescent/adults/older adults/elders, rural/remote/northern populations, minority populations, and persons with serious mental illness will be considered. Contributions may be judged distinguished by virtue of peer recognition, advancement of the public’s recognition of psychology as a profession, advancement of rural and northern practice through supervision/research/scholarly pursuits, relevant professional association honours, or other meritorious accomplishments denoting excellence as a rural and northern psychologist, including advancement of the profession.
Nomination packages must include:
- A letter of nomination from a current Rural and Northern Section member detailing the nominees distinguished contribution.
- At least two letters of support from individuals (beside the nominator) who know this persons’ distinguished contribution to rural and northern practice. The letter is to be current, meaning written in the last calendar year.
- A current curriculum vitae for the nominee.
- Deadline for submission is May 22nd, 2023
The recipient will be announced at the AGM of the Rural and Northern Section on Friday June 23, 2023 at 4pm.
Send nomination packet by email (in pdf format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.