As needed, the CPA Board of Directors convenes task forces to explore various issues affecting the science, practice and education of psychology. View these pages to find out more information on CPA’s current task forces, as well as task forces that were convened in the past.
TASK FORCE REPORTS
- NEW CPA Position Paper: CPA Task Force on Title: Model Language Suggestions (PDF).
- CPA Position Paper: Recommendations for Addressing the Opioid Crisis in Canada (PDF).
- The CPA’s Task Force on Outcomes and Progress Monitoring in Psychotherapy has prepared a report on the importance of regular monitoring in psychotherapy with recommendations related to the implementation, maintenance, and training of outcomes and progress monitoring. Read the report (PDF).
- Psychology’s Response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s Report (PDF).
- Medical Assistance in Dying and End-of-Life Care (PDF).
- Fitness to Stand Trial and Criminal Responsibility Assessments in Canada (PDF).
- Supply and Demand for Accredited Doctoral Internship/ Residency Positions in Clinical, Counselling, and School Psychology in Canada (PDF).
- CPA Task Force on the Future of Publicly Funded Psychology Services in Canada (PDF).
- Evidence-Based Practice of Psychological Treatments: A Canadian Perspective (PDF).
- CPA Task Force on the Supply of Psychologists in Canada (PDF).
- CPA Task Force on Prescriptive Authority for Psychologists in Canada (PDF).