October 25 – 27, 2023
Contact Phone Number: (604) 569-1156
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Event Link: https://dbtvancouver.com/our-events/conducting-effective-individual-dbt-sessions/
*ABOUT THE WORKSHOP*
This 3-day workshop will focus on providing effective and adherent individual therapy in DBT by reviewing important strategies in providing adherent individual sessions from the beginning to the end of treatment. By the end of the workshop, participants will have a better understanding of how to organize and conduct effective individual DBT sessions.
This workshop is designed for therapists who have had some exposure to DBT and DBT skills. Even clinicians who have read the core DBT manuals and attended initial trainings often wonder about the nuts and bolts of conducting effective individual therapy sessions. Therapists who wish to improve the structure, focus, and effectiveness of their individual sessions and move toward adherent DBT will find this workshop helpful.
Those who have already attended a workshop (such as the DBT Centre of Vancouver’s 3-day DBT skills workshop), or gained practice in teaching DBT skills, will benefit from a deeper dive into the process of DBT individual therapy and will see how the skills they have learned can complement their individual work.
• Review: DBT Theory and practice
• Pretreatment strategies in DBT: Assessment, orientation, and commitment
• Structuring individual DBT sessions
• Using diary cards & targeting behaviour in DBT
• Problem solving and solution analysis
• Core behavioural and cognitive change strategies
• Contingency management & observing limits
• Phone coaching in DBT
• Other considerations in assessing and managing suicide risk and therapy interfering behaviours
• Validation and stylistic strategies (reciprocal and irreverent strategies)
• Conducting effective chain analyses
• Dialectical strategies
Early bird registration ends September 29.
Student and group discounts are available.
For more information, visit: https://dbtvancouver.com/our-events/conducting-effective-individual-dbt-sessions/