May 13-16, 2021
- Location: Online via Zoom
Times: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time)
Cost: $850.00 CAD plus G.S.T.
Cost includes electronic copies of workshop slides and assessment materials, and a certificate of completion from the Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania. Participants are strongly encouraged to purchase the Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD Therapist Guide and Workbook (Second Edition) prior to the workshop.
(Registration Details and other information that will be helpful for your attendees)
Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD
4-Day Intensive Online Training Workshop – May 13 to 16, 2021
The Centre for Posttraumatic Stress & Anxiety Treatment is pleased to announce a four-day intensive online training workshop in Prolonged Exposure (PE) Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
PE is a manualized cognitive-behavioural treatment for PTSD with an extensive base of empirical support. Numerous controlled studies have shown that PE significantly reduces the symptoms of PTSD in a wide range of trauma survivors. PE is strongly recommended by every major U.S. and international clinical practice guideline for the treatment of PTSD.
• Assessment, diagnosis and psychopathology of PTSD;
• Empirically-supported psychotherapeutic treatments for chronic PTSD and their comparative efficacy;
• Emotional Processing Theory and its relation to PE;
• Implementation of the components of PE, including psychoeducation, breathing retraining, in vivo exposure to trauma reminders, imaginal exposure to trauma memories, and processing of exposures;
• Identification and management of obstacles to effective emotional processing, including avoidance, over-engagement, and under-engagement;
Video vignettes will illustrate the various components of PE, and participants will have an opportunity to practice selected interventions in pairs during break-out sessions.
Licensed mental health professionals or those working under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional. Previous training and experience with cognitive-behavioural therapy is advised.
Deadline May 1, 2021
Space is limited to 40 participants
Fees are fully refundable (less an administration charge of $25 plus G.S.T.) for cancellation requests received prior to May 1, 2021.
About the trainer:
David Paul, Ph.D., is a Registered Psychologist and Co-director of the Centre for Posttraumatic Stress & Anxiety Treatment in Edmonton, AB. He is certified as a Prolonged Exposure Therapist, Supervisor, and Trainer by the Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety (CTSA) at the University of Pennsylvania. This workshop is recognized by the CTSA, and qualifies toward CTSA certification as a PE Therapist for participants who complete the required additional case consultation.