SWAP Student Awards: Paper Award and Presentation Award
The Section for Women and Psychology (SWAP) of the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) offers awards for research by students in areas of particular relevance to women or feminism. To be eligible for an award, students must have been accepted to present their work at the 2021 CPA Convention. Submissions may be in English or French.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 9, 2021.
Student Paper Award: $500
Student Presentation Award: $200
For information and to apply, please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HN7KFXD
Please contact Dr. Sara Crann (firstname.lastname@example.org.) with inquiries.
La section Femmes et Psychologie de la Société canadienne de Psychologie (SCP) offre des bourses et prix pour recherche par les étudiant(e)s ce qui est d’intérêt spécifique aux femmes ou au féminisme. Pour être admissible au concours, l’étudiant(e) doit présenter sa communication au Congrès annuel de SCP (2021). Les soumissions peuvent être en anglais ou en français.
DATE BUTOIR: le 9 avril, 2021
Prix pour le meilleur article: $500
Prix pour le meilleur présentation: $200
Pour plus d’informations et pour s’inscrire, consultez: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HN7KFXD
Veuillez contacter Dr. Sara Crann (email@example.com.) avec des questions.
Nominations for the 2021 Section on Women & Psychology (SWAP) Feminist Mentoring Award
The purpose of the SWAP Feminist Mentoring Award is to recognize feminist supervisors who have promoted the advancement of their students through exceptional mentoring. Nominations are invited from students and recent graduates who wish to acknowledge a professor who has been pivotal to their graduate and/or post-graduate experience and who promotes feminist scholarship, teaching, and practice. Nomination letters should describe how the mentor has been outstanding in supporting, encouraging, and promoting your feminist research as well as facilitating your (and other students’) professional, personal, and career development.
- Graduate, post-graduate students, and recent graduates are invited to submit a nomination.
Nominations Should Include:
- Cover page with students’ and nominee’s names, e-mail addresses, university, department, and program of study.
- 1 to 2-page letter describing the following:
- How the nominee’s mentoring enhanced your education, as well as professional and personal development (e.g., helped develop your talents, facilitated joint and single authored publications, acted as a role model, etc.).
- Explain your relationship with your nominee and how they have distinguished themselves as a mentor for you.
- Feel free to share specific stories and anecdotes as appropriate.
- Nomination letters from multiple students are encouraged.
Submission Deadline: Friday, April 16th, 2021
Please send submissions electronically by the deadline to Tanja Samardzic, SWAP Graduate Student Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: if you submitted a nomination in the 2019-2020 year, your nomination will be considered for this year. There is no need to re-submit (unless you wish to update your nomination).
The winner will receive a plaque honouring their contributions. The award will be presented at the SWAP Annual General Meeting during the virtual 2021 Canadian Psychological Association National Convention.
Ideally student(s) and the winner will be present at the meeting.