Open Calls for Nominations/Award Applications
SWAP Student Awards: Student Paper Award and Travel Bursary
The Section for Women and Psychology (SWAP) of the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) offers awards for research by students in areas of particular relevance to women or feminism. To be eligible for an award, students must be presenting their work at the 2020 CPA Convention. Submissions may be in English or French.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 6, 2020.
Student Paper Award: $500
Travel Bursaries: $250
For information and to apply, please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TSLD2Q6
Please contact Dr. Sara Crann (email@example.com) with inquiries.
La section Femmes et Psychologie de la Société canadienne de Psychologie (SCP) offre des bourses et prix pour recherche par les étudiant(e)s ce qui est d’intérêt spécifique aux femmes ou au féminisme. Pour être admissible au concours, l’étudiant(e) doit présenter sa communication au Congrès annuel de SCP (2020) ou à l’Institut de la Section Femmes et Psychologie. Les soumissions peuvent être en anglais ou en français.
DATE BUTOIR: le 6 avril, 2020
Prix pour le meilleur article: $500
Bourses de voyages: $250
Pour plus d’informations et pour s’inscrire, consultez:
Veuillez contacter Dr. Sara Crann (firstname.lastname@example.org) avec des questions.
Nominations for the 2020 Section on Women & Psychology (SWAP) Feminist Mentoring Award
The purpose of the SWAP Feminist Mentoring Award is to recognize feminist supervisors who have promoted the advancement of their students through exceptional mentoring. Nominations are invited from students and recent graduates who wish to acknowledge a professor who has been pivotal to their graduate/post-graduate experience and who promotes feminist scholarship, teaching, and practice. Nomination letters should describe how the mentor has been outstanding in supporting, encouraging, and promoting your feminist research as well as facilitating your (and other students’) professional, personal, and career development.
- Graduate, post-graduate students, and recent graduates are invited to submit a nomination.
Nominations Should Include:
- Cover page with students’ and nominee’s names, e-mail addresses, university, department, and program of study.
- 1-2 page letter describing:
- How the nominee’s mentoring enhanced your education, as well as professional and personal development (e.g., helped develop your talents, facilitated joint and single authored publications, acted as a role model, etc).
- Explain your relationship with your nominee and how s/he has distinguished her/himself as a mentor for you.
- Feel free to share specific stories and anecdotes as appropriate.
- Nomination letters from multiple students are encouraged.
Submission Deadline: April 23rd, 2020
Please send submissions electronically to Tanja Samardzic, SWAP Graduate Student Representative, at email@example.com
The winner will receive a plaque honouring their contributions. The award will be presented at the SWAP Annual General Meeting during the 2020 CPA Convention. Ideally, student(s) and the winner will be present at the meeting.