Part of the Student Section’s mission is to provide psychology students with valuable resources regarding their education, training and career development.
Here is a growing collection of information provided by the Section Executive that may be useful to students. Browse the Section webpages for more information relevant to psychology students. If there is a topic that that you would like information to be available about, please contact the Section Chair.
- A Collection of Resources in Honour of Psychology Month.
- Workshop presented at the CPA Annual Convention 2010 on career options in psychology: "Where do Psychologists Fit?" English / French
- Workshop presented at the CPA Annual Convention 2013 on applying to graduate school: "Applying to Graduate School in Psychology: A Survival Guide for Students"
- Links to articles published in Psynopsis that may be of interest to students.
- A listing of awards available from CPA for students.
Applying To Canadian Graduate School
Be sure to read the "Psychology Works" Fact Sheet: Applying To Canadian Graduate Schools
Planning a Career in Psychology
Are you planning a career in psychology? If yes, be sure to download Planning a Career in Psychology: A Canadian Perspective for University Bound and Beginning University Students.
Resources for Campus Representatives
Ontario Psychological Association Early Career Psychologist Project
This document is a practical organizational guide for Psychological Associations about how to develop and maintain the membership and involvement of early career psychologists in their Association. It is a compilation of the efforts and strategies of the Early Career Psychologist Taskforce in the Ontario Psychological Association (OPA). Many of the ideas and strategies can be broadly applied and modified to meet the needs of both small and large Associations. Click here to download the guide or contact the OPA for more information.
Sites of Interest
Below is a collection of other websites which you may find useful. If you have or know of a website that could be added to this list, please contact the Communcations Officer.
- PsychologyDegreeOnline.net. provides prospective and current students with tons of information about all the different psychology programs that they can choose from. The site also offers an array of resources such as specializations, scholarships, certifications, careers, as well as the different degree options.
- Affordable Colleges Online
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada
- Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internships Centers
- Peterson's Education Portal–College, Graduate Program, Test preparation, SAT, Scholarship, Financial Aid, Distance Learning
- Canadian Scholarship Database
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Careers in Psychology
- Journal of Interpersonal Relations, Intergroup Relations and Identity (JIRIRI). This project is a student initiative that offers a unique opportunity for undergraduate students to fully experience the publication process.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
- Psychology Career Center: A Psychology Career Guide
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
- Simply Psychology
Summaries of results of two recent surveys on interprofessional education are available:
- Students’ Perspectives on Interprofessional Education in Canadian Graduate Psychology Programs
- A Survey of Canadian Psychiatrists’ and Psychologists’ Experiences in Interprofessional Education (in French)