Psychology Month Events
Be sure to check out the various public events and lectures being offered by CPA's Members & Affiliates and Psychologists across Canada. More…
Psychology is a broad field, rooted in science that seeks to understand our thoughts, feelings, and actions. Some psychology professionals develop and test theories through basic research, while others work to help individuals, organizations, and communities better function. Still others are both researchers and practitioners.
Psychology Month is celebrated every February to highlight the contributions of Canadian psychology and to teach Canadians how psychology works to help them live healthy and happy lives, help their communities flourish, help their employers create effective workplaces, and help their governments develop good policies.
Want to get involved?
Join the conversation online!
- Follow @CPA_SCP on Twitter or “like” us on Facebook and share our psychology facts.
- Download one of our #PsychologyWorks images and share it on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
- Tell us about your psychology-related work or how psychology has worked for you with #PsychologyWorks.
Host or attend an event!
- Ask your local library to feature books on Psychology throughout the month.
- Organize a public lecture or workshop, and email the details to email@example.com to have it added to our calendar.
- Check out our events calendar and attend a Psychology Month event near you.
Meet with your elected officials!
- Call your constituency office and set up a meeting with your federal or provincial/territorial elected official.
Spread the word!
- Download our fact sheets to learn more about how psychology can help treat various physical and mental illnesses and share them with your friends and family.
- Write an op ed for your local newspaper on the value of psychology.
There are lots of ways to celebrate all the ways #PsychologyWorks to build a better and stronger Canada!
Click on the below images to download and share.